Public Hearing for the Development of OPWDD’s Statewide Comprehensive Plan – September 25, 2017
PLEASE NOTE: The date for the Public Hearing for the Development of the OPWDD Statewide Comprehensive Plan has been changed to September 25, 2017. The time remains the same, from 3:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. The deadline for speaker registration has been extended to Friday, September 15, 2017. Room assignments have been updated and two View-Only locations have been added. Details of the public hearing are in the updated announcement below.
The New York State
Office for People With Developmental Disabilities
Announces a Public Hearing for the Development of the Statewide Comprehensive Plan
September 25, 2017: 3pm – 7pm
This hearing will be held at nine locations throughout the state (see locations below) and will be conducted as a live video-conference with Acting Commissioner Kerry A. Delaney. The Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) will accept your comments, feedback and testimony at the hearing.
OPWDD intends to use the ideas, suggestions, and comments received through the public hearing to further refine our 5.07 Statewide Comprehensive Plan for Services for 2018-2022. OPWDD urges self-advocates, parents and other family members of people with developmental disabilities, non-profit providers, professionals, advocates, and other interested parties to participate.
Consistent with OPWDD’s Mission and Vision Statement, the Statewide Comprehensive Plan for Services is our 5-year plan to transform our service delivery system. The Plan aims to create a system of services and supports that is even more person-centered, outcome driven, measurable and sustainable.
Topics on which we are seeking input include:
- Managed care gives people more options to create a plan that is right for them. Care Coordination Organizations will help people make Life Plans that include both their OPWDD services and the health, behavioral health and other services they receive, like medication management, in one place. What can we do to help give people more choices?
- How can we help people learn about People First Care Coordination? What are the best ways to ask people for their feedback?
- How can we encourage communities to learn more about, welcome and include people with developmental disabilities?
- OPWDD’s transformation plan is driven by the ideas of our stakeholders, including the Transformation Panel and individuals and families across the state. What is one change we could make that would have the biggest positive impact on the people we serve?
- OPWDD has a plan to increase housing and make it easier for people to access. How can we help people with developmental disabilities learn about residential services and choose where they want to live?
Speakers will be asked to register prior to the hearing, limit their comments to three (3) minutes, and to bring three (3) copies of their testimony with them to the hearing. The deadline for registration is close of business on Friday, September 15. Opportunities to testify or present will be granted on a first come, first served basis, as time permits.
Written testimony may also be submitted by mail to:
Attn: Chris Nemeth
44 Holland Avenue, 3rd Floor
Albany, NY 12229
or by e-mail to:
To register to speak, obtain more information or directions to the hearing location, or to arrange for a special accommodation, please call or email the contact person for the hearing location you would like to attend using the information below:
Video Conference Locations and Contact Information
620 Westfall Road, Rochester, NY 14620
Room 25 Leaf
Contact: Angela Czerkas (585) 241-5760 email@example.com
1200 East and West Rd. West Seneca, NY 14224
Building 16, Conference Room 1-153
Contact: Ellen Hardy (716) 608-2696 firstname.lastname@example.org
2295 Millersport Highway, Suite 300
Getzville, NY 14068
Contact: Kevin Penberthy (716) 608-2687 email@example.com
187 N. Concourse, N. Syracuse, NY 13212
Northern Concourse, Regional Training Center
Contact: Kristin Ward (315) 425-8512 Kristin.firstname.lastname@example.org
500 Balltown Road, Schenectady, NY 12304
Building 3, Conference Room 2
Contact: Keith McCauley (518) 388-0431 or Keith.McCauley@opwdd.ny.gov
7242 State Route 9, Suite 101, Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Contact: Eric Pasternak (518) 359-4330 or Eric.Pasternak@opwdd.ny.gov
521 Boices Lane, Kingston, NY 12401
Contact: Linda Dias (845) 473-5050 (x139) or Linda.Dias@opwdd.ny.gov
New York City
Metro New York
25 Beaver Street, New York, NY 10004
Conference Room 3100, 364, and 3102
Contact: Nicole Lopez (646) 766-3376 or Nicole.Lopez@opwdd.ny.gov
Long Island, NY
415 A Oser Avenue, Hauppauge, NY 11788
Multi-Purpose Conference Room
Contact: Dave Robbins (631) 416-3925 or David.A.Robbins@opwdd.ny.gov
VIEW ONLY SITES:
Central New York
101 West Liberty St.
Rome, NY 13440
North Conference Room
Contact: Candi White (315) 336-2300, Ext. 471 or Candace.White@opwdd.ny.gov
5 Wilbur Road
Thiells, NY 10984
Contact: Val Austin ((845) 947-6060 , email@example.com
For general information about the Public Hearing, please contact
OPWDD’s Communications Office:
Phone: (518) 474-6601 Fax: (518) 473-1271